Level 1 Award in Fitness and Physical Activity
- Learners will cover:
- the basic structure and function of the human body in relation to exercise and fitness
- using a personal exercise programme utilising the principles of fitness (frequency, intensity, time, type and adherence)
- an introduction to the role of the fitness instructor
- an introduction to the fitness industry and careers in fitness
- the basic principles of assisting in leading an exercise session safely and effectively
- the benefits of a balanced diet and its contribution to a healthy lifestyle.